Attorneys who specialize in adoption:
Donna Ames; 251-343-3360 website: amesadoptions.com
David Broome; 251-432-9933
Richard Shields; 251-432-1656
Jake Norton – (Dothan Area); 334-699-2020
Below resources are general to Mobile and Baldwin Counties, if you are looking for info regarding other areas, click here.
Alabama Pre/Post Adoption Connection-
Alabama Pre/Post Adoption Connections (APAC) of Children’s Aids Society offers counseling, support groups, educational training, information and referral, recruitment and library services to Adoptive and Foster Families and professionals who work with those families throughout the State of Alabama.
Phone: 251-460-2727 Address: 857 Downtowner Blvd # B, Mobile, AL 36609
Adoption Agencies that specialize in adoption services:
Provides counseling, medical care referral, adoption home studies, and more in a Christian setting.
Phone: 251-625-1133 Address: 27688 Daphne Rd, Daphne, AL 36526
Bethany Christian Services-
Provides free pregnancy counseling, adoption services and home studies for couples wanting to adopt domestically or internationally.
Office: 251-621-5440 Cell: 251-382-0684 Address: P.O. Box 8062 7100 Spanish Fort Blvd. Spanish Fort, AL 36577
Catholic Social Services-
Pregnancy and Adoption Services provide counseling, medical care referrals, adoption services, and adoption home studies.
Children of the World-
Services include “domestic and international adoption, home studies and services for mothers with unplanned pregnancies.” Provides adoption services and home studies for couples wanting to adopt internationally.
Phone: 251-990-3550 Website: www.childrenoftheworld.com. Address: 819940 Highway 181, Fairhope, Alabama 36532
Department of Human Resources (DHR)-
Provides adoption resources, foster care, and medical care referral.
Educating, Enriching and Enlightening Today’s World to Honor the Sanctity of Human Life
Phone: 251-450-2225 Address: 328 S. Sage Avenue Suite 100 Mobile, AL 36606
OBGYN Care – Medicaid Providers-
- Bowman, Michael D., MD; Phone: 251-633-8830
- Catranis, Ted, MD; Phone: 251-639-0335
- Center for Women’s Health; Phone: 251-415-1496
- Center Street Clinic; Phone: 251-415-1496
- Family Medicine Center; Phone: 251-434-5024
- Foster, Kendal, MD; Phone: 251-433-8838
- Franklin Primary Health Center; Phone: 251-432-4117
- Greater Mobile Physicians for Women; Phone: 251-634-1250 or 251-456-8888
- MCHD, Women’s Center; For OB appointments: Phone: 690-8935
- Mobile Bay OB/GYN; Phone: 251-433-1887
- Mostellar Medical Center; Phone: 824-2174
- Southwest Alabama Maternity Care Program; Phone: 1-(877) 826-2229
- USA Medical Center; Phone: (251) 415-8585
Adoption Home Study Services:
- Kathy McMaken, LCSW, PIP; Phone: 251-422-5220 (Specializing in south Alabama) website
- Phil Boyd, LCSW, PIP; Phone: 251-626-9011
- Martha Coaker, LGSW; Phone: 251-434-1550
- Teresa K. Boone, LCSW, PIP; Home: 251-633-5551, Cell: 251-554-9214
- Tyler Simmons, LCSW, PIP; Phone: 205-535-2161 (Specializing in Central and North Alabama)